Network marketing first of all is not an industry, network marketing is a distribution channel that various industries may choose to utilize to distribute their products or services. There are many good network marketing companys in various industries.
The Direct Selling Association categories these industries into five major headings:
- Home/family care products- including cookware, cutlery and cleaning supplies.
- Personal care products-including cosmetics, skin care and jewelry.
- Wellness products-including weight loss, vitamins and nutritional supplements.
- Leisure/educational products-including books, toys and games.
- Service/miscellaneous/other-including telecommunication, training and internet services.
When you’re considering the industry you would like to represent as a network marketer, give some thought to the profitability and reputation of various industries. Consider if any offer a unique product or service. Be careful of fads that are here today and gone tomorrow.
Once you have narrowed down the industry. Questions you should ask yourself about the particular company you should represent.
- Is the company mission- driven or “get rich-quick” motivated?
- Would the products or service give you a real chance to make a positive difference in peoples lives?
- Do you feel good about the companies future, long term?
- If you were looking for a job would you work for them?
Once you have made your decision. Congratulations are in order.
Unlike traditional businesses that typically have a geographic territory. You have no boundaries. Accept that your success is what you make it. If the economy is good then sales will be good. If the economy is bad then many more people will be looking for opportunities to make additional income, so your recruiting will be high. Either way with network marketing you can win.