Every year millions of people make New Year’s Resolutions and fail. Don’t be one of those people. If making more money in the new year is one of your resolutions, then take steps now to ensure your success.
- If you still define success with a dollar amount, then you are only part wrong. The habit of defining success with a dollar amount might result in a chase that will never end and you will never attain your view of success. Check out a unique way to get rich by helping others with their personal development and business development.
- Character does matter. Keep Your Promises, No Matter How Small They Are. Make sure that you will be able to do something before committing to it. Then be clear on the expectation, action, and result that you have agreed to. People tend to dismiss small promises as unimportant and even unnecessary. They are wrong, if you don’t take the small promises you’ve made seriously, you will damage your trust, and destroy your own reputation.
- Failing to keep the minor promises will make it tempting for you to break your more important promises in the future. Also, this shows the appearance of your being irresponsible, disorganized as well as making others feel unimportant. You will build trust by demonstrating that you can keep your promises, even with the small things.
Discover the traits and typical habits of a successful person.
- Take Action.You cannot change anything and make any real progress without taking action. Knowledge is totally useless without action. That is simple. So take action right now!
- Manage your time wisely. There is a difference between being productive and being busy. Being busy is often considered as a form of mental laziness. Busy people seem to be rushing all over the places such as conferences, social engagements, or meetings. Their busy schedule might give them the increased sense of importance. Yet, perhaps, it is an illusion. Literally, they are like hamsters constantly running on the wheel.
- Keep Things Simple. Being in the information age, information moves with the speed of light and access to business development and personal development tips and strategies are more easily attainable. You and I have tons of opportunities when it comes to building life and career. Unfortunately, all these opportunities and “noise” also leads to complication, inaction, and confusion. We still must make decisions and must act on those decisions.
That means you should decide to choose things that you think will work and take action. After taking action, if the result is not as good as your expectation, then learn from the experience, choose another action and move forward.
- Make Small Improvements on a Continuous basis. A mentor of mine used to ask the question to his team: How can you eat an elephant? The answer is simple: One bit at a time. You understand my implication behind that question, right? Yeah, it is similar to the challenged road to success. Make small and positive changes. Do that by exercising, eating better. By taking regular steps in your personal development and creating positive improvements in your business development, you will reach the success that you aspire to.
- Spend Your Time With Right People. You are the equivalent of the 5 people you spend the most of your time with. Generally, successful people associate with like minded and supportive people. If you hang with wrong friends, colleagues, they are going to negatively impact you. Yet, if you spend time on the right people, you can become more successful than when you are alone. It is great if you could form your own team and then work together in order to make dramatic differences and increase your probability of success.
A mentor of mine often told his team: “You can make excuses, or you can make more money, but you can’t do both.”